Monday, December 15, 2014

Dear Guardian Angel...

I wrote this on November 5th, a week after I was in a massive car accident. I still feel this way, six weeks later...



Dear Guardian Angel:

You know who you are. You're the one who saved my life a week ago. You're the one who saw the other car. You're the one who knew how hard the hit would be. You're the one who angled my car so that I would only graze the car in front of me. You're the one who closed my eyes so that the broken glass from my shattered back windshield wouldn't end up in my eyes. My bra, yes, but not my eyes. You're the one who pulled my foot off the brake so my car would move instead of getting smashed between two cars. You're the one who broke my seat so that I spent most of the ride across two lanes of traffic on my back. You're the one who broke my seat, shoving me backwards instead of into my steering wheel, which may have resulted in a broken arm or forearm, something NOT good for a massage therapist. You're the one who kept my sense of humor and sarcasm intact during the whole ordeal. You're the one who figured I was strong enough (physically and mentally) to handle the aftermath of such a serious accident. And you're the one who resides on my left arm, in black and white ink, unscathed other than a little muscle weakness, ready to save me again...

And today, a week later, I just want to say thank you. Thank you for being awake to react so quickly. Thank you for making it so much better than it could have been. Thank you for waking me up to the more important things in life. And thank you for saving a healer's life so that she can possibly heal again...


My permanent guardian angel. Tattoo done by Adam Rose at Fallen Owl Tattoo in Lakewood, CO.

No comments: